Synopsis & Benefits
If you want to start teaching in South Korea on the public school program (EPIK) then we can help you secure a position. EPIK is a well established program set up by the Korea Government where more than 1000 teachers are recruited every 6 months to teach in schools around Korea.
Receiving a salary of at least 1.9 million KRW per month, teaching just 22 classes per week, having a free fully furnished apartment + settlement allowance + completion bonus + generous vacations + medical insurance, with full training and orientation as well as an airfare allowance – this opportunity is not to be missed!
- No experience necessary!
- Must be native English speaking for the E2 visa (Passport: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK or USA)
- An interest in Korea and teaching in Korea
- You must commit to one year (12 months)
- Bachelors degree
- Under 55 years of age
Start Dates, Fees and Deadlines
Start dates are mid February and mid August.
Application deadlines are not set – it’s all done on a first come first served basis – so when the quota has been filled, the deadlines close.
Normally applications close at the end of July for start dates of the following February, and in November/ December for the following August – you really have to be early in applying for this program!
We charge no fees to teachers for our recruitment services for this program.
Salary & Full Benefits
- KRW1.9 – 2.7 Million monthly (depending on experience)
- KRW1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
- KRW300,000 Settlement Allowance (one-time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW400,000
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay or KRW20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month’s salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Irish & Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance – 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme – 50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation
- One year contract
- All national holidays
Where are the teaching placements?
SOUTH KOREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS (EPIK):
We work through our partner who specializes in EPIK and sends hundreds of teachers to EPIK each year. In order to apply for these opportunities, please send us the following documents:
- Current CV/ Resume.
- A nice smiley picture that you would be happy for a potential employer to see.
It’s important we get all documents stated above or we cannot progress your application.
For more information or to speak to someone who can help you decide, email email@example.com or call our recruitment team on (+44) (0) 208 1333 885.